Data is a key asset for modern organizations. It is stored in silos per business unit, or in many application-specific platforms and doesn’t provide organizations with the ability to drive maximum benefit out of it. Data in the modern digital world comes in many different forms and shapes: it can be structured or unstructured; arrive in streams; or be stored in records or files. This no longer fits the traditional data warehouse or data lake approach.
New platforms are needed to store and index a variety of data types at large volumes, while maximizing both cost and performance. Such platforms need to address data security, governance and lifecycle management. To become successful, they must integrate with existing systems and modern analytics tools, providing maximal usability and collaboration across organizations.
- Store, index and manage all your data in one high-performance, scalable, secure and automated Data Platform as a Service
- Enable secure data sharing with fine-grained multi-layered policies
- Support petabytes of data at low costs and high density
- Deliver magnitudes faster time to insights and data ingestion
- Analyze and back up all your data through realtime change data capture
- Organize the data using realtime data catalogs and metadata-based search and policies
- Simplify operations and data governance through automated data lifecycle management
- A cloud-like PaaS model allowing rapid development of new data applications