The platform exposes the following application programming interfaces (APIs). Detailed API references can be found in the References section.
[Tech Preview]— an open-source high-performance Python DataFrame API for working with NoSQL, time-series, and stream data in the platform’s data store. See the V3IO Frames application-service overview and the documentation in the v3io/frames GitHub repository.
- Spark Datasets — Spark SQL DataFrames can be used to ingest and consume data in the platform. The platform’s custom NoSQL DataFrame data source extends the standard Spark DataFrames functionality for working with NoSQL data. See Spark Datasets.
- Spark Streaming API — the Spark Streaming API can be used to consume data and metadata from data streams by using the platform’s Spark-Streaming Integration API to map platform streams to Spark input streams. See Spark-Streaming Integration API.
V3IO TSDB Nuclio Functions — open-source serverless functions for ingesting and querying time-series data in the platform. See the TSDB services overview and the documentation in the v3io/tsdb-nuclio GitHub repository.
Web APIs — web-service data-management APIs. See Web APIs.
- Simple-Object Web API — a RESTful API for working with data containers and performing simple data-object operations using an Amazon S3-like API with some additional functionality. See Simple-Object Web API.
Data-service web APIs — APIs for complex manipulation of data as specific types.
HCFS — the platform’s distributed file system (DFS) is an Hadoop Compatible File System (HCFS). You can therefore interact with the DFS as you would with the Apache Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). For more information, see the Apache HDFS Users Guide and HDFS Commands Guide.
Management APIs [Beta] — APIs for performing management operations such as container management, system administration, and security operations. These APIs provide an alternative to performing the operations from the graphical user interface (the dashboard). See Management APIs. Currently, the documentation includes references for the following management APIs:
Beta NoteThe management APIs are provided as a beta feature and are not officially supported in this release.
- Sessions API — an API for authenticating management-API users. See Sessions API.
- Containers API — an API for creating and managing data containers. See Containers API.
- Cluster-Information API — an API for retrieving information about the endpoints of the platform cluster, including the endpoints’ IP addresses. See Cluster-Information API.