Cloud Hardware Specifications
This document lists the hardware specifications for deployment of version 2.8.0 of the Iguazio Data Science Platform (“the platform”) in these cloud environments:
- Provisioning of the servers is handled automatically by the platform provisioning tool. Do not attempt to provision the servers manually prior to the deployment.
- All capacity calculations in the hardware specifications are performed using the base-10 (decimal) number system. For example, 1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes.
The platform is available in two configurations, which differ in a variety of aspects, including the performance capacity, footprint, storage size, and scale capabilities:
- Development Kit
- A single data-node and single application-node cluster implementation. This configuration is designed mainly for evaluation trials and doesn’t include high availability (HA) or performance testing.
- Operational Cluster
- A scalable cluster implementation that is composed of multiple data and application nodes. This configuration was designed to achieve superior performance that enables real-time execution of analytics, machine-learning (ML), and artificial-intelligence (AI) applications in a production pipeline. The minimum requirement for HA support is three data nodes and three application nodes.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Specifications
AWS Data-Node Specifications
Data nodes in platform AWS cloud deployments must use one of the following EC2 instance types and fulfill the related specifications; choose the type that best fits your requirements:
Component Specification vCPUs 16 Memory 122 GiB Data disks (local storage) 2 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD OS boot disk (EBS volume) General Purpose SSD (gp2); 250 GB (minimum) Usable storage capacity Single node (Development Cluster) — 2.5 TB; 3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 4 TB
Component Specification vCPUs 32 Memory 244 GiB Data disks (local storage) 4 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD OS boot disk (EBS) General Purpose SSD (gp2); 250 GB (minimum) Usable storage capacity 3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 9 TB
AWS Application-Node Specifications
Application nodes in platform AWS cloud deployments must use one of the following EC2 instance types; choose the type that best fits your requirements. For specification details, refer to the AWS documentation.
- m5.4xlarge (default configuration)
- p3.2xlarge (trial only)
Microsoft Azure Specifications
Azure Data-Node Specifications
Data nodes in platform Azure cloud deployments must fulfill the following hardware specification requirements:
|Data disks (local storage)||2 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD|
|OS boot disk (Azure managed disk)||Premium SSD; 256 GB (minimum)|
|Usable storage capacity||Single node (Development Cluster) — 2.5 TB; 3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 4 TB|
Azure Application-Node Specifications
Application nodes in platform Azure cloud deployments must use one of the following instance types; choose the type that best fits your requirements. For specification details for each type, refer to the Azure documentation.
- Standard_D16s_v3 (default configuration)