Edge analytics and processing perform data collection and analysis at the edge of the network, near the source of data. Edge data sources can be anything from a car, or wristwatch, to an industrial component which gathers data from several machines in a factory. In order to move high volumes of data across multiple edge devices – quickly with minimized bandwidth – a centralized cloud is supplemented with several distributed “cloudlets,” or mini clouds. These cloudlets are physically closer to the edge and can therefore better serve changing cloud workloads for real-time processing and actionable insights. Cloudlets must be simple to deploy and operate because they are unattended, serving as a complete and compact solution.
- Fastest application performance available today
- Supports petabytes of data in a small footprint
- Accelerates development and deployment, minimizing the number of components
- Provides unmatched security
- An enterprise-grade system with simple operations
- A full range of deployment models: in-factory, regional, hybrid and public cloud