iguazio Announces General Availability of Its Unified Data Platform
Early customer adoption includes Grab, the Largest Ride-Hailing Service in Southeast Asia
STRATA DATA CONFERENCE, New York, September 27, 2017 – iguazio, the leading data platform for continuous analytics and event driven-applications, announced today the general availability of its Unified Data Platform. iguazio simplifies data pipeline complexities while providing a turnkey solution to accelerate the development and deployment of machine learning and artificial intelligence in the enterprise, generating fresh insights in real-time.
In a separate press release, iguazio today also announced Grab, the Singapore-based ride-hailing giant, has selected iguazio’s Unified Data Platform to simplify and accelerate its data pipeline and analytics. See related press release here.
“We have yet to see anything that compares directly to iguazio’s combination of data analytics and cloud architecture,” said Matt Aslett, Research Director, Data Platforms and Analytics at 451 Research. “iguazio’s Unified Data Platform is differentiated and focused on reducing the complexity involved in deploying multiple data processing technologies, while also addressing machine learning and data science, so that customers can act on insights instead of spending time and resources on data management.”
The iguazio Unified Data Platform:
The iguazio Unified Data Platform comes with fully integrated essential applications dynamically deployed over Kubernetes, including artificial intelligence and machine learning frameworks like Spark, R and TensorFlow, visualization and a real-time serverless framework. iguazio’s solution enables the entire continuum of analytics - including predictive and prescriptive analytics - through the ingestion and enrichment of streams, objects, files and database records. Previewed at the Strata Data Conference in New York, this platform is delivered to customers as a fully integrated appliance.
“Simple, fast and secure, iguazio boosts time to market by accelerating the data science and development process, starting from relatively small deployments and all the way to the largest scales,” said Asaf Somekh, CEO at iguazio. “Whether in financial services, telematics, IoT or cyber security, iguazio delivers the same user experience on-prem, with leading cloud providers and in hybrid solutions for the highest performance and security.”
Key features of iguazio’s Unified Data Platform include:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning tools in a secure environment for data science and for production, supporting both real-time and analytics pipelines in a single platform so that companies no longer move workloads through disconnected pipelines.
- Advanced serverless functions to enable rapid development without sacrificing performance, simplifying the adoption of open and modular cloud native architectures across a broad set of use cases.
- Compatibility with leading cloud services and standard APIs, covering both on prem and cloud deployments, of the following categories: file and object, streaming, SQL/ML, NoSQL and event-driven serverless functions.
- Exceptional column-based, fine-grained security and access control from research to production.
- High availability to ensure data resilience and continuous data services, without data loss or a single point of failure.
The iguazio Unified Data Platform is available either through software licensing or as an appliance. It offers an annual subscription license per server, while appliances are priced separately.
iguazio is pioneering a fresh approach to the data management challenges faced by today’s enterprises. The iguazio Unified Data Platform provides a new turnkey data stack to support continuous analytics and event-driven applications at scale. Visit www.iguazio.com or follow @iguazio to learn more about iguazio.
Alan Ryan/Jenna Beaucage