AWS Cloud Deployment Specifications
This document lists the hardware specifications for deployment of version 3.0.1 of the Iguazio Data Science Platform ("the platform") in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud; for details, refer to the AWS documentation.
- All references to AWS cloud apply also to AWS Outposts, except where otherwise specified.
- AWS platform deployments also require an Elastic IP address. For more information, see the AWS documentation.
- All capacity calculations in the hardware specifications are performed using the base-10 (decimal) number system. For example, 1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes.
The data-node instances include Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) SSD-based instance storage, which is optimized for low latency, very high random I/O performance, and high sequential read throughput. The data doesn't persist on the NVMe if the instance is stopped.
Don't attempt to shut down any of the data nodes, as it will erase the data.
The platform is available in two configurations, which differ in a variety of aspects, including the performance capacity, footprint, storage size, and scale capabilities:
- Development Kit
- A single data-node and single application-node cluster implementation. This configuration is designed mainly for evaluation trials and doesn't include high availability (HA) or performance testing.
- Operational Cluster
- A scalable cluster implementation that is composed of multiple data and application nodes. This configuration was designed to achieve superior performance that enables real-time execution of analytics, machine-learning (ML), and artificial-intelligence (AI) applications in a production pipeline. The minimum requirement for HA support is three data nodes and three application nodes.
Both configurations also support an additional backup node for backing up the platform instance.
AWS Data-Node Specifications
Data nodes in platform AWS cloud deployments must use one of the following EC2 instance types and fulfill the related specifications; choose the type that best fits your requirements:
Component Specification vCPUs 8 Memory 61 GiB Data disks (local storage) 1 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD OS boot disk (EBS volume) General Purpose SSD (gp2); 400 GB (minimum) Usable storage capacity Single node (Development Cluster) — 1 TB; 3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 2 TB
Component Specification vCPUs 16 Memory 122 GiB Data disks (local storage) 2 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD OS boot disk (EBS volume) General Purpose SSD (gp2); 400 GB (minimum) Usable storage capacity Single node (Development Cluster) — 2.5 TB; 3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 4 TB
Component Specification vCPUs 32 Memory 244 GiB Data disks (local storage) 4 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD OS boot disk (EBS) General Purpose SSD (gp2); 400 GB (minimum) Usable storage capacity 3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 9 TB
AWS Application-Node Specifications
Application nodes in platform AWS cloud deployments must use one of the following EC2 instance types; choose the type that best fits your requirements. For specification details, refer to the AWS documentation.
- m5.4xlarge (default configuration)
- p3.2xlarge (trial only)
AWS Backup-Node Specifications (Optional)
If you wish to back up your instance of the platform, you need an additional backup-node EC2 instance of type m5.4xlarge.
- It's strongly recommended that you back up your data on a regular basis.
- The backup node is used only for backups and can be shut down between backups to save costs.
- The backup node must have at least 2 TB of network-attached storage (NAS) to be used only for backup purposes. The exact amount of required storage depends on the amount of data that's being used in the platform; consult Iguazio's support team.