Azure Cloud Deployment Specifications
The data-node instances include Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) SSD-based instance storage, which is optimized for low latency, very high random I/O performance, and high sequential read throughput. The data doesn't persist on the NVMe if the instance is stopped.
Don't attempt to shut down any of the data nodes, as it will erase the data.
The platform is available in two configurations, which differ in a variety of aspects, including the performance capacity, footprint, storage size, and scale capabilities:
- Development Kit
A single data-node and single application-node cluster implementation. This configuration is designed mainly for evaluation trials and doesn't include high availability (HA) or performance testing.NoteYou can deploy a Proof of Concept (POC) on the development kit configuration. Be aware that the POC cannot be used as development environment or for a production environment.
- Operational Cluster
- A scalable cluster implementation that is composed of multiple data and application nodes. This configuration was designed to achieve superior performance that enables real-time execution of analytics, machine-learning (ML), and artificial-intelligence (AI) applications in a production pipeline. The minimum requirement for HA support is three data nodes and three application nodes.
Vanilla Operational Cluster
AKS Operational Cluster
Both configurations also support an additional backup node for backing up the platform instance.
Azure Data-Node Specifications
Data nodes in platform Azure cloud deployments must fulfill the following hardware specification requirements:
|Data disks (local storage)||2 x 1.9 TB NVMe SSD|
|OS boot disk (Azure managed disk)||Premium SSD; 400 GB (minimum)|
|Usable storage capacity||1 node (Development Cluster) — 2.5 TB;
3 nodes (Operational Cluster) — 4 TB
Azure Application-Node Specifications
Application nodes in platform Azure cloud deployments must use one of the following instance types; choose the type that best fits your requirements. Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is also supported for application nodes, using the instance types listed below. For specification details for each type, refer to the Azure documentation.
- Standard_D16s_v3 (default configuration)
- NCv3-series (GPU optimized)
Azure Backup-Node Specifications (Optional)
If you wish to back up your instance of the platform, you need an additional backup-node instance of type Standard_D16s_v3.
- It's strongly recommended that you back up your data on a regular basis.
- The backup node is used only for backups and can be shut down between backups to save costs.
- The backup node must have at least 2 TB of network-attached storage (NAS) to be used only for backup purposes. The exact amount of required storage depends on the amount of data that's being used in the platform; consult Iguazio's support team.