Installing the Platform without an Internet Connection (Offline Installation) (PVE)
Installing (deploying) the platform on virtual machines (VMs) in environments without an internet connection (a.k.a. "dark sites") requires a variation on the online procedure that's described in the PVE Installation Guide, as outlined in this guide.
Before you begin, ensure that you have the following:
- A platform installation package (
<build name>.tar.gz), received from Iguazio.
- A preloaded Provazio dashboard Docker image (
gcr.io/iguazio/provazio-dashboard:stable), received from Iguazio as an image archive ( provazio-latest.tar.gz).
- A Provazio dashboard API key, received from Iguazio.
- Administrative access to a platform PVE cluster with the required networks configuration (see Configuring Virtual Networking (PVE) and Configuring IP Addresses (PVE)) and deployed VMs for each of the platform nodes (see Deploying the Platform Nodes (PVE)).
Run The Platform Installer Offline
Execute the following steps to run the platform installer (Provazio) without internet connectivity (offline installation):
- Establish an SSH connection to one of the platform's data-node VMs.
- Create an
installerdirectory under /home/iguazio(
- Copy the
<build name>.tar.gzinstallation-package archive (see the prerequisites) to the new /home/iguazio/installerdirectory.
- Extract the package archive to the
provazio-latest.tar.gzpreloaded Provazio dashboard Docker-image archive (see the prerequisites) to the installation machine that is running Docker.
provazio-latest.tar.gzDocker-image archive by running the following command on the machine that is running Docker:
docker load -i
The output for a successful execution should look like this:
Loaded image: gcr.io/iguazio/provazio-dashboard:stable
docker run --rm --name provazio-dashboard \ -p 8060:8060 \ -e PROVAZIO_API_KEY=<Provazio API Key> \ gcr.io/iguazio/provazio-dashboard:stable
After successfully running the platform installer, proceed to the installer dashboard-access step in the PVE installation guide to configure installation parameters from the installer dashboard.