The Web-Shell Service
The platform includes a web-based command-line shell ("web shell") service for running application services and performing basic file-system operations from a web browser.
For example, you can use the Presto CLI to run SQL queries on your data; use the TSDB CLI to work with TSDBs; use
The custom web-shell service parameters allow you to optionally associate the service with a Spark service and select a Kubernetes service account that will determine the permissions for using the
- "None" — no permission to use
- "Log Reader" — list pods and view logs.
- "Application Admin" — list pods; view logs; and create or delete secrets and ConfigMaps.
- "Service Admin" — list pods; view logs and resource metrics; create or delete secrets and ConfigMaps; create, delete, list, or get jobs and cron jobs; and view, edit, list, or delete Persistent Volume Claims (PVCs).
- The web shell isn't a fully functional Linux shell. See Software Specifications and Restrictions for specific restrictions.
- To log out of the web shell, run the
exitcommand in the shell.